Thursday, March 19, 2009

90 Days - Almost

Spring is in the air which is a good thing. It's one of my favorite seasons, besides Autumn.
Tomorrow (3/20) I head to San Fran to see my surgeon and Sunday, (3/22) will be 90 days since my surgery. Goodness, gracious how time flies, yes??
I'm progressing nicely; althought I still get a little tired during the day but I am dying to do some real exercises (i.e., sit ups and weights). My wigs - Sasha and Malia - are holding it down for me until I'm happy and nappy once again but that might be a minute.
I still find it hard to wrap my brain (no pun intended) around the fact that I had brain surgery almost 90 days ago. But I did. It's done. And I survived. Praise the Lord in Heaven above. When I hear a siren, I am taken back to the night of the incident. Mind you, I don't cower in a corner and howl at the moon, but the sound does bring it back home.
And the Natasha Richardson situation with all the Docs talking about the brain, and injuries and swellings and what nots, has kept the issue at the forefront of my cranial cavity. Lordy, Lordy...
Work is coming along. Half-days are hella cool and my bosses have been hella cool as well, so that kind of support always helps. Plus I have some very generous friends who have donated some of their leave credits so that I am able to work part-time.
Big ups to all y'all who are helping a sista hold it down!!
Going to be doing some final edits on my book (release date is now May 1) and I'm really looking forward to it being read, reviewed, and enjoyed. Chocolate Lemons and Peppermint Tears: The Bittersweet Life of Xena.
That's about it; I'm at lunch and I need to bounce.
Life is good and it's going to get better.
Peace and hair grease.
Robin

No comments: