Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Moi

Greetings and Salutations Gorgeous,

It is Sunday, a little breezy, and thank God, not going to be hot as hades today. Sacramento heat can be brutal. And I am so looking forward to fall. That, and spring are my favorite seasons.

Anywho, my birfaday was last Saturday (8/15). I am one year older than I was the last time I posted. I'm grateful for that because it didn't have to be. A lot of folks did not wake up on my birthday nor did they wake up this morning. Each day...each second...is a blessing.

On the 14th, I spent my birthday with good friends, munched on great appetizers, and listened to some cool jazz at the Embassy Suites. And on the 15th, I had dinner with a friend at Scott's Seafood then we headed out to the Radisson to check out Kim Waters (blazing for days on his sax) and Kenny Lattimore (he's a'right). It was a fabulous day and an even better evening. Good friends are the best friggin' thing there is - for real though.

Last night, I watched a CD of Michael's Dangerous tour in Bucharest. Home boy got off!!! What a consummate entertainer. He was all over that stage. And the people in the house....it was a roiling sea of people, dancing, screaming, crying, fainting and MJ was loving it! It was a good concert. Frankly, I would not have been able to be there; way toooo many people and plus I'm short, everyone was standing, and I would not have been able to see shit.

That's about it. It's time to do some laundry.

Keep it greasy, y'all. Pick up my book if you haven't had a chance.

I'm out.

No comments: