Saturday, December 19, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

A year ago today my journey began. I suffered three aneurysms, spent 3 weeks in the hospital (Dec. 19 - Jan. 13) and was off work until March 3. A lot has transpired since my "situation." I am so grateful to be alive and I give thanks to Him daily for giving me another chance to get this thing called life right. I'm still recuperating and trying (desperately) to get my sexy back. But it seems as though she's hiding and won't come out. But it's cool...she will come back to me. I will see to that.


Parts of my head are still tender to the touch but that's to be expected considering my skull was cut open with a saw and then stapled back together.


To commemorate this anniversary I made it a point to have solid plans for this weekend. Last night I went to the Dave Koz concert at the Radisson - Peter White, David Benoit, Rick Braun and Brenda Russell rocked the house. But you wouldn't know it based on the folks who were sitting near me. You would've thought they were watching a piano recital at an elementary school. Talk about dead beats. But I didn't give a damn. I paid $65 on my ticket and I was there to enjoy myself; which I did. I hollered, screamed, clapped, danced in my seat - you know - the things that most (non stick in the muds) do at concerts. According to these losers I "ruined" the show for them. Hmmm...me, one woman with that much power. Yeah right...whatever.
I told them all to kick my ass. For real.


Anywho, I digress. This afternoon I'm checking out the matinee of "Precious." I was going to see "Avatar" but I'm not interested in standing in line. I need to see "Precious." I read the book twice and the reviews have been stupendous. It's the subject matter that gives me pause. But I gotta take it like a woman and see it. Afterwards, lunch and drinks.

Remember: Life is good and it's going to get better.


Be well, be happy, be blessed and know that each day is indeed a gift and not to be taken for granted.


Have a very Merry Christmas.

No comments: