Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Second Chances are a good thing

It's Wednesday, Jan. 21 and the first time I've blogged since Dec. 17. Since that time I spent 3 weeks in the hospital (10 of which were in ICU) after experiencing a couple of brain aneurysms. The headache I had in December was a precursor. I'm at home recuperating and I have a lot of good support around me; people checking on me, offering to run errands, taking me to Dr's appts., and to the store, etc. I am very blessed in that regard. But, I am also very humbled. I have an incision in the back of my head that's shaped like a horseshoe. It's an undeniable testament that God is good and God is able. To think that another human being (whose hands were directed by God) cut open my head and literally tooled around in my brain with extremely sharp instruments, then closed me up - with staples no less - and I'm here to blog about it is a miracle. The type of surgery I had is not an easy one to get through and I am so grateful that I was given a second chance. I don't know what wonderful tasks the Lord has in store for me but they are big...real big and I'm ready for them; whatever they are. Please pray for my speedy and complete recovery and please don't take life for granted because each day is a gift - not a given.
Peace and blessings.
robinrrobinson.com

2 comments:

Marquita said...

Hey Robin,
So glad you survived your brain aneurysm and that you are back with that Robinesque flair and gusto for life. You are one lucky lady! God obviously has better plans for you. Don't fry your brain trying to figure out just what He has planned as it will all come to you in time. I was thinking of you and just happened to check out your website and thought I would send some love your way my friend. You are getting a big hug when I see your lovely face again whether you want one or not! I know your life is forever changed by your ordeal but I also know that you are going to not only shine but you will sparkle! Look out world-Robin is back!!!! Yeah! Hope to see you soon! Love, Marquita

Haughty Heifer said...

Marquita,
You are the bomb diggity!
Life is good and it's going to get better.
Peace and hair grease.
Robin